Ulavale1

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Transformers and update

Well....Last night my brother and I, on whim, went to go see Transformers. I thought it was pretty good! Shia LaBeouf, who plays Sam in the movie, along with his "guardian" Bumble-Bee really made the movie, I think. The special effects were great, although Steve and I agreed that some of the transformation scenes were too fast and too close up, it seemed all you really saw was metal flashing before you, not really the "transformation". I think the movie did a pretty good job at bringing inanimate objects to life. I certainly will not look at my car the same after watching Transformers. ;-).
On another note. I often call Cera my "baby girl" and lately I have started asking her "Are you my baby girl" and she usually nods her head and says "Yesssssss." Tyler's newest thing is he'll grab your hand and say "common daddy, common" when he wants you to go play cars, or trains or whatever with you, or go somewhere. Carter is getting stronger than ever, I fear it will not be too long before he's crawling. He already will push himself up on his hands and, in effect, crawl backwards. He is still one of the happiest babies I've ever met, as he constantly smiles and goos. You gotta love kids...and I do mine. Things have been busy with us as I have worked quite a bit of overtime the last 3 weeks or so, and Beth started a part-time job as well, but We are doing well and enjoying life and our family. Beth and I are looking forward still to seeing Harry Potter when neither of us have to work and we can find an available baby sitter. And Harry Potter 7 comes out Saturday.....so.... somehow in our schedule we'll have to find time to read that too! Priorities, you know! ;-)

1 comment:

Tim Ingalls said...

I found your blog from your profile page at famili.us. You have a very cute family.

The fireworks story was great. I had a similar thing happen. We had a big gathering of everyone on our street and people started letting off fireworks. My youngest (22 months) was totally scared, so I walked him back to the house. He's just starting to talk, and he was so agitated that he just kept yelling "pshhhhh! pshhhhh! pshhhh!" and "pot! pot! pot!" in a very worried voice and waving his arms around wildly and pointing toward the fireworks to mimic what he saw. We watched the rest of the show from the safety of an upstairs bedroom window. He just wouldn't stop talking nonsense words for about two hours. Finally, I showed him a Barney video, and he stopped talking about it and went to bed.

It was very cute, but I feel for his trauma. Three weeks later, if you mention the word "fireworks," he goes into his re-enactment again and gets that very intense look on his face.

See ya,

Tim I.