Ulavale1

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Romantic Anniversary Date

It was a special night after all, it was our 8 year anniversary, so we decided to take a night to celebrate! My wife was beautiful as always, and I opened the door to the restaurant. She entered followed closely by our 3 yr olds, while the 14 mo old smiled at the image of Chuck E Cheese on the window. Nothing like a romantic night out with your wife...at Chuck E Cheese....with your todlers. It was my fault, I was supposed to try to get a baby sitter on Monday. But in my defense, I had been up since 9pm on Sunday when Beth and I discussed that at noon on Monday. Actually it was quite a fun evening for us, especially since we have not really spent much time together as a family lately, either Beth or I are gone almost 24/7. When we are together we are either in logistical planning mode, sleeping or otherwise engaged in some level of preparation or maintainance (I know we are the only family that endures such a lifestyle!). It sometimes amazes me how much we have to do to take care of our family. It is so hard to make sure we're not letting life control us, instead of us contoling life. I think often on this subject as I have found it one of the hardest things to ensure. There are alot of thoughts on this topic out there, including inspired teachings of old and modern day prophets. Goals, planning, progression, but balancing that and ensuring those goals etc meet and are in line with spiritual and familiar goals and expectations. In alot of ways, I have thought of my current situation and the direction my family is headed as "spiritual free falling" if you will. I am scared to death of making the wrong decisions with and for my family, but I feel (although maybe not to the degree I Should be) inspired that the current decisions we are making are right for our family. The "free falling" comes in when I consider I may need to leave my current employment to go to grad school, having another child (although that was is kinda already decided for us ;-) ). Anywho, alot on my mind these days.



Pictures of our fun romantic anniversary!








On another note, when you don't have any extra diapers, you can always try other, nonconventional means to dry your child's wet bum! (PS I freak out when Beth lets them get in there (Which is rarely and always under close supervision)!)



At least in their sleep they love each other ;-) Tyler fell asleep and the next thing I knew Cera had cuddled up to him and this was the result. Not only very cute, but a rarity that they BOTH are asleep at the same time.


What can I say...he's a cute kid, but then again, look at his parents, what else would one expect?!

1 comment:

valerie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! I can't believe how fast your kids have grown up. Congrats on baby #4!!!!