Ulavale1

Friday, April 4, 2008

Musings

OK, I don't know if I'm in a really negative mood right now, or there is something in the air, or if I've just been to busy and uptight lately to enjoy life...but is it just me...or do people need to get over themselves, get over others, or something. We've all probably heard the phrase or theory "You tend to see in others that which is inside yourself." Which scares me...cuz all I see around me are people negative about EVERYTHING in life. Their job, their money issues, the economy, the war, the country, their families, their boss, their coworkers, the parking meter guy, the teachers, the students, media, reporters the next door neighbor, the stupid drivers, race inequality, civil rights, gays rights, the oil company CEO's, the car makers, the landlord, the housing market analysts, Realtors, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, kids, kids friends, kids friends parents, aches, pains, life, death, wives, husbands, shall I go on!? And it seems the worlds answer is...we need to talk about it more. I am so sick and tired about hearing about it...meaning I don't to talk about it (meaning all these stupid "issues") anymore....nor do I want to hear other people in any capacity "gripe" (to sensor myself) and moan about things. I think we need less talking and more action. You don't like your job: change it or learn to like it. you don't like your family: go live as a hermit in the mountains; don't like your family: get rid of the one you have and go make a new one. Any of those options not viable, stop whining, shut up and find the good in what you have (which is why you've stuck with it this long I would guess), and work on changing what you can or are willing to change, and learn to accept what you can't or are unwilling to change. Well....I must say amen to myself. As I must be one of the ones whining....(please see above text as reference). It just seems we all, including myself, get so caught up in life that we forget life even exists. We're so worried about the mortgage, rent or trying to get a mortgage, that we forget why we even have a house, apartment or shack. Well...I hope I can live by my ideals, or at least try to, or learn to try to. I also hope you all have gained SOMETHING from my "musings". Please feel free to comment, add an amen, or tell me where and how I see things wrong. Also, I will still be posting about my wonderful family...updating everyone about them with pictures and cute anecdotal stories, but I also am going to incorporate more of myself forthwith. I have some poems I wrote while on my mission...I think I may post some. Maybe in telling those 2 or 3 people out there who look at my blog every other month or so a little more about myself...I learn and see more of myself as well. Oh...and by the I'll start sharing more of myself right now...I'm a procrastinator. I am doing this instead of any number of things I should be doing instead like: prepare a Sunday school lesson, finish...well...lets be honest...start a paper that was due 2 days ago (oops), do something at work instead of writing a blog entry (I don't put too much weight because I don't come here to work!), union stuff, resume writing, etc. (As you can see I am a list maker). My point...I don't care...I am a procrastinator and proud of it. I can learn to deal with that to a degree, so long as my procrastination doesn't lead my family or close friends to feel I have let them down because of not accomplishing something I should have. Well...that is today's lesson in "Samisms" or "The World of Sam" or "Sam as Sam Sees it" or "As the Sam Turns"...ok....enough of that...feel free to stop by anytime...the light is always on! (BTW...for those of you who know where I live...I mean the Blog....not my house...I will turn off the light there.)

3 comments:

Mary Denton Taylor said...

Well well well. He blogs! It's true! Once a month, but still! ;) Glad to see you're still a positive kind of guy! Ha ha! I was running at the local rec center and a guy near me says, "Hey sis!" I just about tripped over myself cuz it sounded just like you! Hope you're doing good lil' bro! Miss you!

Schmetterling Küsse said...

Hey Sam - I can totally relate! I got so tired of the 'poor me, my life sucks' routine that I stopped talking to EVERYBODY for a couple of weeks (okay maybe not everybody - but definitely the negative ones). Anyway, I thought you might like this quote:

"Well all the time ya spend trying to get back what's been took from ya, more is going out the door. After a while you just have to try to get a tourniquet on it."

It's the only redeeming factor in a horrible movie I saw recently, but it hit home for me and I quit complaining about the things I couldn't go back and change.

Christi said...

I see congrats are in order... or is that poll for Steve and Utahna? :) Yeah for you!
I've noticed the same about the negative thing. I try to stay away from people who are like that because I see myself becoming like them--and I try to be positive. Ahhh....
So good to see you on here! Also a shout-out to Mary!
btw-i voted BOY!