Ulavale1

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's been a while!

Hello all! I suppose it's been quite a while since I've had the time and/or energy to update this blog! Thanksgiving and Christmas have both come and gone since I last added to it. Both of those holidays were spent between family and work. I've been working an average of about 50 hours a week since right before Thanksgiving and those hours will get higher before they go back down, we are at 1/2 staff at work and it creates very nice pay checks at the expense of most of the time with my family. Beth was called into the primary presidency of the newly formed Ward. I can tell from our conversations that she enjoys it, and it's challenges and blessings, but is also often somewhat overwhelmed. I was just called to teach the 12-13 yr olds. I think I'll enjoy it. There are only about 3 or 4 of them. I also just started 2 classes on campus, one is a post graduate level higher education law class, taught by the vicepresident of student affairs here...should be interesting. I have been enjoying an audio book lately which I have never tried before. I have been listening to Benjamin Franklins Autobiography. It's better than reading it because I can do it in the car or on my breaks at work (I often take short walks while on break and listen), but I do find myself wanting to go back and listen to certain parts again because my mind wandered or I forgot what I had listened to the last time I had been able to listen. Beth and I have started to play around with numbers and the idea of buying our first home, but I have a feeling it will have to wait until next year. Life is very busy for us and I see no signs of it slowing down, but we enjoy each other and the kids as much as we can!



In early November we took the kids to the park and had some fun! I know I'm not prejudice when I say these kids are the cutest kids ever! ;-)

Displaying brute strength
Tyler: "I know if I try hard enough, I can climb this tree that!"

Cera, running around! He was very intrigued by the water pump!
The pole was the only way I could get them together in the same shot halfway attentive.
We couldnt convince the kids to go to Santa unless we went with...kinda don't blame them...he's one of the more scarry Santa's I've seen ;-)
We hope all of you are doing good! Keep in touch!








1 comment:

Mary Denton Taylor said...

Yeah, what a scary santa!!! LOL